Summer is nearly here and if you don’t have a storm door on your home, you could be missing out on some savings (both in money and energy efficiency). Having a good-quality storm door installation is money well spent.
A storm door has a number of advantages:
- A storm door helps reduce air leakage (both into and out from your house) through your entry door. It can also create an air pocket to keep your air conditioning inside your home.
- A storm door with interchangeable screens or screens that are self-storing can be great for summertime – you can create a cross-breeze to help improve your home’s air flow.
- A locking storm door installation can provide added security to your entry; you can let in natural light while still keeping the house locked. And if you’re not home, the added door may help deter thieves or at least make it harder for them to get in.
- A storm door can enhance your home’s curb appeal. If your front door is plain, a storm door is a great way to dress it up.
- A storm door can be used for other exterior doors in your home – not just your front door. And no matter where you install your storm door, you’ll enjoy its insulation, security, and design benefits.
If you’re interested in a new storm door, make sure you choose P.J. Fitzpatrick for professional storm door installation. Some homeowners choose to install the door themselves, however, they run the risk of not installing it correctly and depleting the energy efficiency and air sealing benefits of a quality storm door. There is also the chance of damaging your door during installation. Leave the job to a professional at P.J. Fitzpatrick – we’ll make sure your new door fits perfectly and looks great.