Whether it’s your master bathroom, a hall bathroom, or the kids’ bathroom, a modern bathroom can be an aesthetic appeal to both your family and visitors. If your bathroom is outdated, our home improvement experts have some tips for how to create a modern bathroom:
What you’ll need to create a modern bathroom:
- Paint, paint brush/roller
- Faucet fixture
- Showerhead fixture
- Cabinet knobs
- Tiles, adhesive
- Lighting fixtures
- Start by updating the color of your bathroom. If yours is a shade of white or tan, try something more exciting like green or blue. Use your paint and your paint brush/roller to give each wall a new coat.
- Next, replace your old faucet fixture with something more modern. Try a fixture in brushed nickel, tumbled bronze, or satin brass to make your sink more up to date.
- After that, consider replacing your showerhead fixture. There are a variety of contemporary, low-flow models that can add a sleekness to your shower as well as help you save water and energy.
- If you’re on a budget and don’t have the money to completely redo your bathroom cabinets, try replacing the knobs. If your knobs are more than 15-20 years old, they likely look outdated, and new knobs can give your cabinets a fresh, modern look.
- For a bolder update, consider replacing your bathtub. Your bathtub is one of the things that catches your eye first, so a contemporary one can immediately give your bathroom a modern feel. Consider a freestanding tub or a corner bath.
- If you don’t already have one, a backsplash can add an artistic element to your bathroom. Follow our DIY to learn how to install a backsplash behind your sink, behind your shower, or around your whole bathroom.
- Add a modern touch to your bathroom with new lighting fixtures like pendant lights, globe lights, sconces, or recessed can lights.