Whether you’re in need of a new bathroom faucet or you simply want to update the look of your bathroom, removing your faucet is a simple job that only requires a few tools and a little bit of time. Here, our bath experts explain how to do it:
What you’ll need to remove a bath faucet:
- Adjustable Wrench
- Bathroom Cleaner
- Turn off the water valve.
- Turn on the faucet to alleviate pressure and drain any excess water inside.
- Then, use your adjustable wrench to loosen the flexible extension from the faucet.
- Remove this extension and use a bucket to collect any remaining water.
- After that, remove the flexible line from the shut-off valve.
- Look underneath the sink and locate the nuts and washers that secure the faucet to the sink.
- Use your wrench to remove this hardware.
- Make sure to also remove the clamp bolt from the drain rod extension.
- Grab the faucet and lift it out of the sink. (You may need to apply more force than you think in order to jar it loose.)
- Once you’ve completely removed your old faucet, use a basic bathroom cleaner and a rag to wipe down the area around it.
- Now you’re ready to install your new faucet.