Gutter brackets keep your gutter firmly fastened to the eaves of your home. If yours are coming loose or if they are rusted, you may be wondering how to install gutter brackets yourself. Simply follow these steps to repair your gutter brackets and prevent your drainage system from drooping. In this article, the gutter experts at PJ Fitzpatrick walk you through the process step by step.
Tools Needed to Install Gutter Brackets
- New Gutter Brackets
- Drill Bits
- An Assistant
How to Install Gutter Brackets Steps
Before you begin, it’s incredibly important to ensure that your ladder is on a stable, level surface. You should have another person working alongside you to keep the ladder steady and to hand you tools.
- Remove the old brackets one by one. There’s no need to remove the gutters, simply replace one bracket at a time for an easier fix.
- Unhook the bracket from the lip of the gutter.
- Using the drill, unscrew the old bracket from the roof.
- Have your assistant hand you a new gutter bracket. Hook it to the lip of the gutter.
- Using the drill, screw the new gutter bracket to the roof through the fascia.
- If you are using large screws, start the screw by drilling at a high speed so it can pierce the metal. Then, apply steady pressure as you finish drilling it into the roof.
Maintaining Your Gutter Brackets
If your gutter brackets can’t withstand the weight of the gutters, or if you have sagging gutters, be sure to install a gutter bracket every two feet. Another step you can take to prevent your gutters from sagging is to use a sturdier bracket. Cleaning your gutters regularly can prevent debris from building up and weighing them down with water and leaves.
Gutter Bracket Installation Services
If you are a homeowner in the Delaware Valley, you can always rely on the team at PJ Fitzpatrick to get the job done right the first time. If you don’t have time to do this project yourself, you can fill out our estimate form so we can get started on your project as soon as possible. If you’d rather hire the pros to complete the gutter bracket installation for you, PJ Fitzpatrick is here to help.