Perhaps you dislike climbing ladders or don’t have one that reaches your gutters. Even so, you need to ensure your gutters stay clean so the rain can flow freely away from your home. Dirty, clogged gutters threaten your roof and foundation with water damage. If you live in the Delaware Valley, you could hire the professional gutter cleaning specialists at PJ Fitzpatrick for help. However, if you prefer to do it yourself, it is possible to learn how to clean gutters without a ladder.
Tools You’ll Need
You’ll need to buy a couple of items depending on what approach you take to when learning how to clean gutters without a ladder. Common gutter cleaning tools include:
- Garden hose with gutter cleaning attachment
- Shop vac with gutter cleaning attachment
- Gutter tongs
- Rotary gutter cleaning tool and power drill
- Painter’s pole with wool pad
5 Methods for How to Clean Gutters Without a Ladder
Hose Attachment Method:
- Obtain a gutter cleaning garden hose sprayer attachment.
- Connect the pole of the attachment to the hose.
- Turn on the water and lift the attachment into the end of the gutter farthest from the downspout.
- Activate the spray as needed with the trigger on the attachment.
- Blast debris out of the gutter and work your way toward the downspout until the gutter is clear.
- To clear dry debris from a gutter, get a gutter cleaning attachment for a shop vac or leaf blower.
- Connect the attachment and turn on the shop vac or leaf blower.
- Set the machine to its vacuum setting.
- Lift the curved end of the attachment into the gutter.
- Suck out the debris.
- Buy gutter tongs that are outfitted with a pole.
- Lift the tongs into the gutter.
- Operate the tongs by pulling the rope mounted down the length of the pole.
- Grasp debris and release it into your collection bin.
Power Scrubbing Method:
- Buy a rotary gutter cleaning tool that attaches to a power drill and garden hose.
- Connect the pole to a power drill to run the rotary scrubber.
- Lift the scrubber into the end of the gutter farthest from the downspout.
- Turn on the drill and slowly move the rotary scrubber along the channel.
- After scrubbing the whole gutter, remove the power drill and connect the hose.
- Turn on the water and spray the gutter to force off stubborn grime.
Wipe Down Method:
- Buy a painter’s pole and a lamb’s wool pad attachment.
- Run the pad along the exterior of the gutter to remove dirt.
Schedule a Professional Gutter Cleaning Service
These methods for cleaning gutters without a ladder will keep your feet on the ground. You should expect the job to be messy as debris comes down around you. If you’d rather do something else on your day off, hire the team at PJ Fitzpatrick for your gutter cleaning services. You could also talk to us about gutter guards which will completely eliminate the chore. Ask us for a gutter guard estimate today.