The great thing about vinyl siding is it’s low maintenance and doesn’t require much attention. However, if you’ve noticed your siding looking a little dingy and want to give it a good clean, the process is pretty easy. Here’s how to clean vinyl siding:
- Using a hose, fill a bucket with warm water and gentle soap.
- Dip your soft bristle brush into the bucket and starting at the bottom, gently brush the soap onto your siding.
- Use your hose to rinse off the soapy water (make sure it’s all gone).
- As you work your way up, use the ladder to reach higher areas.
- In addition, use a hose attachment to spray the water higher onto your siding.
If you’ve spotted mold or mildew on your siding, you can easily clean it off yourself.
- Gather up Windex or a mixture of vinegar and water (30% vinegar, 70% water).
- Spray the Windex or homemade mixture onto a soft cloth and rub the area of mold or mildew.
- For a stronger clean, try a solution of 1/3 cup laundry detergent, 2/3 cup trisodium phosphate, and one gallon of water.
- Rinse the solution off with a hose.