The great thing about vinyl siding is it’s low maintenance and doesn’t require much attention. However, if you’ve noticed your siding looking a little dingy and want to give it a good clean, the process is pretty easy. Here’s how to clean vinyl siding:
What You’ll Need to Clean Vinyl Siding:
- Basic, Gentle Soap
- Hose, Nozzle Attachment
- Warm Water
- Long-Handed Soft Bristle Brush
- Soft Cloth (mold/mildew clean)
- Windex/Homemade Solution (mold/mildew clean)
- Using a hose, fill a bucket with warm water and gentle soap.
- Dip your soft bristle brush into the bucket and starting at the bottom, gently brush the soap onto your siding.
- Use your hose to rinse off the soapy water (make sure it’s all gone).
- As you work your way up, use the ladder to reach higher areas.
- In addition, use a hose attachment to spray the water higher onto your siding.
If you’ve spotted mold or mildew on your siding, you can easily clean it off yourself.
- Gather up Windex or a mixture of vinegar and water (30% vinegar, 70% water).
- Spray the Windex or homemade mixture onto a soft cloth and rub the area of mold or mildew.
- For a stronger clean, try a solution of 1/3 cup laundry detergent, 2/3 cup trisodium phosphate, and one gallon of water.
- Rinse the solution off with a hose.
Repairs & Installations by P.J. Fitzpatrick
Is your vinyl siding in need of replacement or repair? At P.J. Fitzpatrick, we offer some of the best vinyl siding on the market. If your vinyl siding is old or outdated, we can install brand new siding on your entire home. We offer a wide variety of colors to choose from to complement your home. If your vinyl siding has a crack, hole, or a missing piece, we have the materials and skills to repair it for you. Whether you schedule an installation or a repair, our siding experts will work quickly to complete the job. Contact us today!