Whether your brush slipped while painting a porch or vandals sprayed graffiti, you should remove the paint stains as quickly as possible. You have 4 options when learning how to get paint off vinyl siding. The approach that you choose depends on the type of paint and how long it has been there.
When you use a power washer, start with a low-pressure setting, and adjust upward as necessary. A high-pressure setting can crack vinyl siding.
- Isopropyl Alcohol
- Scrub brush
- Household power washer
- Paint scraper
4 Methods for Learning How to Get Paint Off Vinyl Siding
First identify whether the paint is water-based or oil-based. Then determine whether the paint is relatively fresh or has been there a long time.
- For fresh or old, water-based paint, go to Method 1.
- For fresh, oil-based paint, go to Method 2.
- For old, oil-based paint, go to Method 3.
- For all stubborn paint stains, go to Method 4.
- Mix laundry detergent with warm water in a bucket
- Scrub paint with detergent solution.
- Rinse with water.
- If some paint lingers, scrub again.
- Rinse with a power washer on a low to medium pressure setting.
- Wipe remaining paint traces with isopropyl alcohol.
- Rinse again.
- Soak a rag with isopropyl alcohol.
- Wipe off relatively fresh oil-based paint with alcohol.
- Next, get a scrub brush and work on leftover paint.
- After scrubbing off paint, scrub area with detergent and water solution.
- Rinse with water using a pressure washer.
- Scrape off dried, oil-based paint as much as possible without gouging siding.
- Apply acetone paint remover to the stain.
- Scrub stain with paint remover.
- Wash area with detergent and water solution and rinse with water.
- When other methods for how to get paint off vinyl siding fail, buy some graffiti remover for vinyl siding.
- Apply graffiti remover to water or oil-based paint stain.
- Scrub stain until product lifts off paint.
- Wash with detergent and water solution and rinse.
Quality Siding Repair and Installation Services
While scrubbing a paint stain off of your siding, you might have noticed some issues that require attention. You should fix loose panels or cracks to keep moisture out of your walls. You might also decide that the time for new siding has come. Either way, you can depend on PJ Fitzpatrick. Homeowners in the Delaware Valley have been choosing our siding services since 1980. Ask us for a siding repair or replacement estimate today.