Sunlight is great, but sometimes you want to block it from your windows. Whether it’s simply the het that’s warming up your room or it’s too bright, there are several different ways you can block the sunlight from your windows. Here are the easiest ways:
- Research a reputable privacy film company and purchase enough for your windows.
- Measure the height and the width of each window you’re covering.
- After that, transfer that measurement onto your privacy film and mark your edges.
- Using a sharp pair of scissors, cut your film to fit your windows.
- Clean and dry each window with soap and water.
- Then, using a spray bottle, spritz a little water onto your window.
- Remove the backing from your first piece of film and starting at the top of the window, stick it to the pane.
- As you continue down the window, use your squeegee to press out any air pockets and make sure it creates a firm seal.
- Measure the width of your windows and the length you want your curtains to fall.
- Then, research some of the most effective black-out curtains.
- Choose the right size for your windows and hang from your curtain rods.
- If you want even more protection, invest in curtain liners for a second layer.
- You can also purchase black-out liners for your existing curtains if you don’t want to buy new ones.
- If your windows don’t already have blinds, invest in some to help block out the sunlight.
- Measure the height and width of your window and purchase blinds to fit those measurements.
- Using your screwdriver and screws, install the cube-shaped mounting brackets that come with your blind set. (Make sure the cubes are on the inside corners of the window.)
- Next, snap your blinds into the mounting brackets and attach the wand that opens and closes them.
- Instead of blinds, you can choose to invest in shades for your windows.
- Measure the height and width of your window and purchase shades to fit those measurements.
- Look for shades that are thick, dark, and/or labeled “black-out” shades.
- Most shades can be installed like blinds, so using your screwdriver and screws, attach the mounting brackets to the inside of your window.
- Next, install the shades into the brackets and secure.