Roof Replacement Time Lapse
Roof Installation: Start to Finish
With the permission of the owners, we have photographed and placed the process of a compete Roofing System Installation on this handy timeline. We hope that you find it informative and illuminating as to the step-by-step procedure we take in installing your home’s new roof.
Crew arrives, team leaders inspect site
7:30 AMWhen the crew arrives they immediately start preparing the site for the job, using tarps and wooden barriers to protect your home AND yard from debris. Meanwhile, the team leaders inspect the site to make sure everything is covered and find the best spots to place ladders. Materials show up at the same time as the crew via our delivery truck and are placed in a safe location without damaging your lawn.
- Tear-Off & Assessment of Former Installation.
Roof Installation issues uncovered:
- Metal capping traps water behind fascia… possible water leakage & rotted wood.
- Drip edge never installed… possible water leakage.
- Chimney flashing required roof tar.. possible water leakage.
- Vent pipe hole cut too large… possible water leakage.
- Insulation packed into soffit area… very little intake ventilation.
- Ridge vent never installed.. inadequate ventilation for the attic.
- New Installation Begins
9:30 AM98% of our Roof Installations are completed in the same day!
- Shingle Installation
- Lunch Break
- Pipe Collar Installation
1:15 PMPlacing a collar around the pipe prevents ice and water from getting down into the roof through any cracks where the roof deck meets the pipe’s side.
- Skylight & Chimney Flashing
- Ridge Vent Installation
- Clean Up
- Job Complete!